How to be a single fashion blogger

WARNING
The blog post you're about to read is a complete geek out from me.
Sorry.

Not sorry.

Looking through other blogs was getting me frustrated.
I saw bloggers posting beautiful clothes photographed full body,
perfect angle, no blur, and without a "selfie arm" involved. 

Look familiar?


After a quick google and asking some people,
 I found out most bloggers get their boyfriend's to take their photos on a proper camera.

I have neither of these.

Basically a long while ago I came to the realisation I'd be forever alone, 
so I knew finding a man with a decent camera just to take pictures of me was not a viable option (and pretty dodgy too). 


Instead I ummed and ahhhd and searched the internet, where I found out you can get handy bits for your phone. Finally I headed to Amazon and bought:

&

I didn't need the latter, but they made me happy, and I needed to get the free shipping!

They arrived super quick, and together even though they were from separate sellers which was amazing cause it meant I could have a play with everything at once instead of waiting. No one likes waiting.

 I have a I phone 4s, so that's what I'm basing my experience from, the above links are for products that work for most phones, so let me know if it's any different for you!

I couldn't wait till I got home, so these pictures are actually my desk at work!


Firstly lets start with the tripod


This is the AFUNTA Octopus Style Portable and adjustable 

Tripod Stand Holder for Cell Phone & Camera. 


As you can see the legs are almost like joints, this is super useful cause it makes it really easy to twist and manipulate depending on where you need it. 

For me this is soooo good, because it means I can hook it around my door to get a more flattering angle then from the floor!


If you get this tripod make sure you get the phone attachment that screws onto the top, or your phone will have nowhere to fit. This attachment is super easy to set up, and your phone literally just slides in, and the adjustable grip means your phone aint going nowhere!


I was lucky to find a deal where I got both the tripod and this remote shutter came together. This is basically so I can take photos without having to touch the screen.
It runs via bluetooth which is a bit draining to your battery, but it is super useful so I don't mind, I just wouldn't keep it on all the time. 

Again it's super easy to set up, the instructions explain clearly, you basically turn it on then connect to the bluetooth via your phone. When I first got it working I was annoying the hell out of my co workers with it! But I was having far too much fun to care!
Now on to the really really exciting part - Lenses!

These are the 3 in 1: wide angle lenses + macro + fisheye kit photo. There are three lenses, Fish eye, Wide angle & a macro lense.  The wide angle and the macro originally come together, but you can separate them (I found out after making a tit of myself contacting the seller who was super helpful).
I had a look at a lot of lenses for I phone before I decided on these. The main thing I liked is that they attach to your phone by a magnet (that are just these round circle things), instead of clipping on. Although this does mean I have to take my camera case off, it's not too much of an inconvenience.

The circle sticks to the back of your phone (It does come unsticky quite a bit)
which attracts the magnet on the back of each lense. 
I was actually really impressed by the quality of the image and how much they worked:
Without macro


With macro


Using my tripod I then took some photos so you could see the difference.



Without any addition lenses.
Wide Angle
Fish Eye


Wouldn't it be cool to be a fish and see everything like that, I can't believe some people eat them!
Anyway, back on track. I absolutely love everything that I bought, there are a few tinie problems with stuff but I'm just super picky. Nothing that would stop me recommending them to anyone.

I'm excited to start trying them out, and they're perfect if you're not amazing at photography (like me) but want some good pictures! 

So I'm happy being single for now. 
Anyways, who needs a boyfriend when you have a tripod and remote shutter!


Are there any other single fashion bloggers out there?
 I'd love to know any tips you have to share!

Share this:

, , , , ,

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment