A long battle between me and my curls*

So, for as long as I can remember I have been in an argument with my curly hair.

It never does as I say, never listens to me no matter how much effort I spend with it.
I've tried to set it on the straight road but it always springs back up eventually.

However, new year, new me. This time I'm serious. I will contain the curls and achieve CURLFECTION. It's not too much to ask is it?

TRESemme have helped me take the first step towards this!


I also found a tiara, but more on that later...


After tweeting a link to my post on how I dip dyed my hair the team at TRESemme were really lovely and friendly, and got in touch offering to send me a sample of their Oil Elixir to help me tame my mane. I was only expecting a small sachet, so I was amazed when they sent me the full sized bottle.  

They included a sweet, personalised message too! 

I've used oils like this before, but they've never really worked, which is why I was a but cautious at first, so I asked them how to use it. They suggested adding a few drops to my mousse, which I'd never thought of before, but it was a great shout and made me so excited to try it out. 

At the moment it's really really really cold (incase you haven't noticed!) and I don't like blowdrying my hair (it goes mad).
So instead of washing my hair in the morning before work, I do it the night before and wrap it up. 
This helps my curls, and also stops them getting too springy, if I sleep on my hair wet it literally turns into a curly bob, so this means it's still slightly damp in the morning (which I don't mind)


I washed my hair as usual, then added mousse with the oil 
Plaited the whole lot whilst still damp

Twisted it into a bun and secured with a hair slide

I normally put a towel over my pillow if i sleep with wet hair.
It helps my hair dry and stops the pillow getting soaked. Yuck.
Then in the morning I just take it all out and let it dry naturally.

If nothing else, this smells absolutely devine! Like... devine! 
It's a really indulgent, rich, smell without being too over-powerful that stays in your hair for ages after, every-time I've used it I've gotten compliments on the smell of my hair (a bit weird - maybe).


Whislt waiting for my hair to dry I half started to tidying my room.
If you follow me on Instagram you'll understand why I only managed half. 
Basically, in the middle I found a tiara. And got excited.

There's also a video floating around somewhere!
 
I don't mind if you only call me Princess Lisa from now on ;)

Let me know if you have any other ways that you manage your curly hair! I'd love to have some luscious locks by 2016!!

♥♥♥♥♥

*Big thanks to TRESemme for sending me the hair oil, all opinions in this post are my own.


Today, I can't stop thinking about: Milky Chance - Stolen Dancer

Share this:

, , ,

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment