Jelly for my belly (and hair and sweet tooth)


I have THE sweetest tooth, and after every meal I've started to crave chocolate (bad I know). So I was doing some research into something Paleo I could nosh on after.

 When I found that apparently, you can make your own gummies with 4 ingredients that are not only sweet but also are meant to be super good for gut healing and also hair strength (my hair is currently fucked but more on that another time) I was completely sold!

For something I never knew existed there are tons of recipes online... like tons! Some have maple syrup, some have ingredients I've never heard of. But eventually, when I went to the supermarket I found some blueberries in the reduced section so that helped narrow down my search until I found this recipe from Primal Palate

SO DID THEY WORK?







Well... kinda... let me explain...

The recipe is super simple:

Ingredients: 


- 1 cup blueberries
- 4 Tbsp Gelatine / Gelatin (Tomato / Tomato)
- 1/3 cup Lemon Juice 
(the original recipe called for 2/3 but I thought it would be too sour so replaced with coconut milk)
- 1/3 cup Coconut milk 


I used this fun shaped moulds because I thought cubes would be too boring – I regretted this much later. Fun fact though, the star silicone mould is actually an ice cube tray. I would highly highly recommend a silicone mould because they make washing up so much easier.


Dump everything in a saucepan bar the gelatine powder. 


Keep stirring! Your arm might ache, but if you don't the blueberries will get stuck to the pan and will heat too quickly. Do this until they start steaming and... just look tasty!


In the blender it goes till it's pretty smooth. 
(Make sure you put the lid on or your kitchen will look like a crime scene)


Pop gelatine in and whizz it again well, or it'll go lumpy – yuck.


Pour mixture into your moulds.

If like me you're clumsy AF and get some overflow, then grab a butter knife and scrape the mixture into the other sections.


The recipe says to leave them 30 min - 1 hour. I tried 30 and they were not done, so then I kinda forgot about them till the next evening...


When I took them out the moulds I had to be super careful. 
Maybe it was the points on the star, maybe I didn't put enough gelatine, maybe I was a little heavy handed. 
Who knows? 

Most came out ok...


 

 Some didn't.

They taste real good though and were easy enough to make, so I ain't complaining. 

Any idea where I went wrong? Got a better recipe? Let me know!










Share this:

, , , , ,

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment