Percy The Pirate: A short kids story

So, i've always wanted to write a kids story, but in my head I had to wait until the perfect moment.

The other day on my train journey home from work, I didn't feel like reading my book or the Metro, I didn't even feel like playing a game on my phone, but I was restless so I decided to write the following story. 

With my face in someone's armpit. 

As a text message. 

FAR from ideal.

 But, everyone's gotta start somewhere, right?!




       Source
(Note to self: Make your own Pirate)


Percy the Pirate

Percy the pirate just LOVED to travel.

When ever he was bored, he'd find an adventure and whoosh off he'd go!

He loved to travel by carrrr
Or fly on a shooting starrrr
Sometimes even on an arrrroplane.

But he would never ever travel by boat because he was afraid of the water.

"Will you come for a swim" Robby Redbeard would ask
"I'm sorry I cant" Percy replied "I'm busy washing my beard"

"Let's go fishing" Bootleg Bob would ask "no no no no!" Percy snapped.

But one day Percy was really really bored.

"I want to go on an adventure" he thought out loud "but I've been on every adventure that there ever was"

The Kraken over heard him and popped up her head, "why don't you come take a dip?" she asked him

Percy started to mumble but the Kraken interrupted, "are you scared of the water?"

Percy kicked the sand with his feet "I don't want to talk about it! Go away!" He shouted

But the Kraken could see he was a scaredy pirate. 

She popped her head back underwater for a few minutes and when she returned she had a surprise for Percy.

Two of the most beautiful armbands any pirate had seen, shinier than the shiniest treasure with crossbones as well!

Percy's glass eye immediately lit up! "They are beautiful" he said

"They're for you" the Kraken smiled.

"But what do I do with them?" Percy asked

The Kraken told him, "they are magical! You put them on your arms and you float!"

So Percy tried them on, and slowly walked into the water.

 He was amazed!

 Even when his tipey toes couldn't reach the floor, his head was still above the water.

Now, whenever Robby Redbeard invites him for a swim, or Bootleg Bob wants to go fishing Percy immediately replies "yes please!!" 

And proudly shows off his armbands for all his friends to see.

The end!!



I would love to hear what you guys think of it? 
Especially any parent bloggers, daddy bloggers or mummy bloggers and their kids :)


♥♥♥♥♥

Today, I can't stop thinking about:

How lovely and sunny it is BD

Share this:

, , ,

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment